Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reasons to be thankful - and to pray.

Hey folks-
I just wanted to give a quick report of some really praise-worthy things that God has brought about this last week.

*/* My new Dr. recommended the use of Bone growth stimulator machine that straps onto the ankle at night for 30 min. and puts out a magnetic field that somehow stimulates stubborn bones to grow back. It sounded like a great hopeful prospect - and then my insurance refused to cover the charges. I didn't see how i would pay the $3600 cost - until the company interviewed me and decided to let me use the machine free of charge with a company write-off.

*/* It sounds like, if the business office person I talked to was correct, that the unpaid charges from my main surgeon that the insurance was trying to assign to me to pay has been negotiated from $15,000 down to around $7000, and the Dr's office is still appealing $6000 of it.

*/* */* And the best part this week - has been a kind of walking. I'm moving my ankle for the first time since Oct. really. I was unsure how much to do, how much can i handle, etc., and my parents challenged me on Monday that learning to walk is really my #1 job right now. So since Tues., I've been spending 2 hours every morning bending toes, loosening up the little movement I have, and then putting a little more and more weight on the foot - with my crutches' help, and with the foot in the new protective brace. It's slow progress, but it's progress. Slow heel to toe is actually working. It's very slow, but it's walking.

>>> Please thank God with me for the gift of this bone stimulator that I should receive on Fri., and ask God for its effectiveness in growing new bone where it may be dead.
>>> Please pray for good results in my MRI to be taken Good Friday morning, that it might show growing bone with blood flow and not a dead shell of a bone.
>>> Please pray that my insurance would recognize these surgery charges as fair and negotiate a fair payment that would not leave me with a large debt.
>>> Please pray that my foot will continue to gain movement and strength, and that I would soon fully walk on it... in God's timing.

God's Word has graciously spoken to me this week. I'm commanded to be strong and courageous - not because "I've got a lot more living to do," but because God has his purposes and plans to accomplish through my life. (Joshua 1:6) He is with me, and He will bring it to being. I'm also commanded to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. (Mark 12:30) How can I do that if I don't trust Him with my life? I realized that, at this point, I must love Him by trusting Him.

Love you guys. Looking forward to seeing many of you when we celebrate His resurrection Easter Sunday.

Peace of Christ - Todd

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Todd. I've appreciated being able to stay up to date on how things are going with you through your blog in order to pray more effectively. Keep pushing on! As James 1:2 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." Perseverance isn't easy but you have been a great example of it so far.

    ReplyDelete